OCS Group Announces Collaboration with UL for the Provision of Industry Best, Competency Based (Knowledge and Skills) Training
About the Collaboration
As the need for operational excellence and safety in oil and gas never being greater and achieving higher levels of safety and performance while simultaneously reducing resources is extremely challenging; UL and OCS Group have collaborated further to provide solutions for certification, training for regulatory requirements, in the energy and other industries. This includes but is not limited to;
- CompEx Training
- High Voltage/Medium Voltage Training
- HAET: Hazardous Area Electrical Training
- Arc Flash NFPA 70E
- IECEx Certification of Personnel Competency CoPC Classroom Training
- IECEx CoPC Practical Training
- IECEx CoPC Examination
- Private and/or Custom On-Site Training
The open house was a huge success with multiple people attending from Regulators, Government Agencies, Operators, Drilling Contractors and Service Companies.
What is the importance of the collaboration and why should you be concerned?
With the new IECEx Equipment regulatory requirements being enforced by BSEE and USCG in April 2018 it is important to have your personnel and equipment IECEx CoPC certified, and the collaboration between OCS Group and UL can make that happen. The IECEx System is supported by three Conformity Assessment Schemes which establish confidence in manufacturing, operating and maintaining equipment, installations and systems in compliance with IEC International Standards.
The OCS Group and UL union can provide and asses the IECEx Certification of Personnel Competencies (CoPC). The IECEx Certification of Personnel Competence provides assurance to those engaging or dealing with IECEx-certified persons that their knowledge and competence has been independently verified. The multiple units include;
- Unit Ex 001 Apply Basic Principles of Protection in Explosive Atmospheres
- Unit Ex 002 Perform Classification of Hazardous Areas
- Unit Ex 003 Install Explosion Protected Equipment and Wiring Systems
- Unit Ex 004 Maintain Equipment in Explosive Atmospheres
- Unit Ex 005 Overhaul and Repair of Explosion Protected Equipment
- Unit Ex 006 Test Electrical Installations in or Associated with Explosive Atmospheres
- Unit Ex 007 Perform Visual and Close Inspection of Electrical Inst in or Associated With Exp Atm
- Unit Ex 008 Perform Detailed Inspection of Electrical Inst. in or Associated With Exp. Atm.
- Unit Ex 009 Design Electrical Installations in or Associated with Exp. Atm.
- Unit Ex 010 Perform Audit Inspection of Electrical Installations in or Associated with Exp. Atm.
Some of the Industries IECEx include but are not limited to;
- Oil + Gas Refineries
- Offshore Platform Rigs
- Processing Plants
- Automotive Petrol/Gas Stations
- Chemical Processing Plants
- Coal Mining
- Aviation, Refueling and Hangars
- Gas Pipelines and Distribution Centers
- Sugar Refineries
- Metal Surface Grinding, Aluminum
- Surface Coating Industries
- Waste Treatment, Sewerage Plant