This IADC High Voltage 4-day course is designed to educate electrical personnel in the safe working practices for offshore/onshore industrial high voltage applications. We provide IEC and NEC standards for High Voltage (HV) switching. Our power generation and distribution simulator directs technicians in the start-up and troubleshooting of offshore High Voltage power systems.
- NFPA-70E Electrical Safety Standards
- Arc Flash Protection Boundaries and appropriate PPE
- High Voltage terminology, system component identification and functions
- Core electrical principles and concepts
- Power system distribution and dynamics (PF, KVAR, KW, KWA)
- Managing a High Voltage installation
- Distribution component-switchgear and transformers
- High Voltage cabling and electrical stress relief
- Hi-Pot and IRT testing
- Switching Plans
IADC High Voltage Safety & Switching uses both theoretical and practical assessments to validate a candidate’s core competency to work safely in High Voltage Hazardous Area.