To assist with inspections working at and repair in the renewable energy sector while interfacing with client representatives to ensure safety, reduce non-productive time (NPT), and safeguard the environment over the entire asset lifecycle.
- Inspect and repair wind turbine composite components (blades, nose cones, hatches etc.) by using industry standard equipment.
- Tasks will be performed either on ground or at height.
- Attend regular on-site safety meetings.
- Operate company assigned fleet vehicles.
- Effectively conduct composite repairs and inspections in the field (at heights or on the ground) by following procedures elaborated by the Engineering Department.
- Maintain a safe job environment by complying with all Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
- Communicate properly with customers and office staff regarding all aspects of the field operation.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and motivation to constantly learn new techniques and share ideas for better practices;
- Organize/plan daily activities.
- Possess a High school diploma/GED or higher
- NABCEP or Vocational Certificate or Engineering Qualification / Equivalent to minimum 5 years of industry experience.
- Certified Composite Technician certificate highly desirable.
- Certified IRATA
- Must have a Strong experience in Inspections, maintenance and installations of equipment on a variety of production / rig assets.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb up to 300 ft. twice daily.
- Basic wind technician certificates (Tower Rescue, CPR, First Aid, AED, OSHA 10, Competent Climber, Confined Space, Working at Heights, NFPA 70).