The Marine Engineer is a key member of a technical team of engineering professionals responsible for the conceptualization, design, analysis, testing and commercialization of new oil and gas industry.
- Responsible for new product/system design, configuration, testing, installation, commissioning and start up for clients.
- Create design documentation including engineered drawings, specifications and test procedures and verify drawings conform to project specifications
- Prepare reports
- Prepare designs, develop and supervise all aspects of equipment.
- Provide feedback and implement design improvements
- Solve complex technical problems using engineering principles, creative thinking and resourcefulness.
- Support and maintain engineering documentation, including drawings, change orders, test procedures and reports.
- Work collaboratively with all project stakeholders, including the project sponsor, third party vendors and the project management team.
- Ensure ongoing communication with the project manager throughout the project lifecycle
- Strictly adhere to defined project scope, timelines and budget
- Assist in efforts to identify, communicate and transfer best operating practices
- Follow all applicable standards, processes and procedures
- Participate in weekly progress review meetings and provide technical status reports
- Assist operations to resolve product quality, reliability and operability issues
- Possess a High school diploma/GED or higher
- Engineering degree or equivalent (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or minimum five years industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Recognized Apprenticeship or equivalent preferred but not required
- Ability to travel globally
- Valid OPITO approved BOSIET
- Valid OGUK medical