Responsible for the re-certification, fabrication, machining and repair of BOP parts & components Rigs and various general machine shop services.
- Servicing all blow out preventers, pack offs, reel swivels, lubricators, iron and downhole tools (BPVs, etc.)
- Performing and documenting all pressure tests for these components after service
- Obtaining and maintaining an inventory of expendable materials and parts for these items
- Organizing and maintaining the facility including the testing station and store room
- Aiding management in developing a preventive maintenance system for these components
- Assisting field personnel with job related problems associated with these components
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Possess a High school diploma/GED or higher
- Engineering degree or equivalent (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or minimum five years industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Recognized Apprenticeship or equivalent preferred but not required
- Ability to travel globally
- Valid OPITO approved BOSIET
- Valid OGUK medical