The Electrical Technician will assist with documentation and the installation, repair, replacement, modification, troubleshooting, and testing of electrical components of existing and new manufacturing equipment and all associated control of that equipment.
- Maintaining electrical equipment and components. Maintaining and troubleshooting hydraulic/pneumatic equipment may be required.
- Troubleshooting and solve equipment problems
- Programming and troubleshoot using programming devices
- Calibrating equipment
- Installation, termination, glanding, equipment upgrade, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and modification
- Build electrical panels, run conduit and wiring
- Work with engineering on equipment & facility upgrades. This includes working from prints, working with outside vendors, determining supplies needed and ordering of parts
- Be aware of and follow the National Electrical Code and other industry standard codes
- Perform predictive/preventative routes, establish and maintain equipment documentation
- Utilize Maintenance Management system for work documentation, analysis, planning & scheduling
- Provide team support
- Possess a High school diploma/GED or higher
- Technical knowledge and practical application skills in Construction Electrician and mechanical disciplines
- Current and valid Journeyman or Master Electrician license is a plus but not required.
- Minimum three (3) years of electrical oil and gas industry experience
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints and symbols for this craft
- Experience with PLC programing is a plus
- Valid OPITO approved BOSIET
- Valid OGUK medical