The role will include all plumbing/piping requirements for light industrial and commercial applications. You must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a certified position.
- Have experience in all three phases of new construction including experience with underground
- Be able to read and understand blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials
- Previous HVAC experience
- Installs pipes and fixtures for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
- Assembles fittings and valves for installation
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
- Safely operate saws and pipe cutters as needed
- Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building code
- Performs inspections of plumbing systems
- Oversees other workers, such as apprentices and helpers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- A valid state Plumber / Piping license – REQUIRED (Journeyman / Master)
- A valid state driver’s license – Preferred
- Forklift, Clamp-truck- Fork-Truck Certified – Preferred
- Degree – Preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – Required
- Computer proficiency: The candidate must have primary knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Project, and Access
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alteration
- Experience in managing a team would be advantageous
- Demonstrated Industrial Construction experience
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure and strict deadlines
- Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole Organizational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent time and cost management skills in order to plan and achieve delivery to the desired quality to exceed customer expectations
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals
- Ability to understand and interpret system boundaries and scoping against P&IDs and other engineering drawings
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.