The primary responsibility of the Electrician is to install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures in accordance with relevant codes. Looking for Journeyman Electrician in the following states Nevada, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Washington, Florida, California, New York, West Virginia.
- Completes corrective and preventive work orders as assigned.
- Provides installation and repair services related to electrical devices.
- Provide all appropriate duties for a commercial Journeyman Electrician
- Diagnose and assist with malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components using test equipment
- Work with EMT ½-4inch
- Use hydraulic and hand benders
- Perform standard bends (45 s, 90 s, saddles)
- Some Prefab of Double Saddles may be required
- Assist in installation of transformers, motors and motor controls and variable frequency drives (VFD).
- Installs new distribution panels, breakers and circuits for light and power.
- Ability to work from prints, schematics and electrical control drawings.
- Provide excellent customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- 2 years of experience as a MASTER Electrician
- A valid state driver’s license – Preferred
- Forklift, Clamp-truck- Fork-Truck Certified – Preferred
- Boiler, High Pressure Steam Systems; Boiler License – Preferred
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology – Preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alteration
- Computer proficiency: MS Office, CAD, various electrical software packages (trouble-shooting), proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Working knowledge/certification of following;
- National Electrical Code
- NJ (State) Licensed Electrician
- NFPA 70E
- Lock-out/Tag-out Procedures
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Preferred skills in: Electronic Systems, Electronics Troubleshooting, Electronic Testing Design, Analyzing Information, Reporting Research Results to Manager, Attention to Detail, Emphasizing Excellence, Innovation
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) – Preferred
- RSLOGIX 500, RSLOGIX 5, RSVIEW32 (Allen Bradley PLC) – Preferred
- Siemens Profibuss, Siemens Simatic Panel View – Preferred
- Both Analog and Digital drives/controllers – Preferred
- Successful applicant will need to take an Electrical Proficiency test.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.