The OCS Design and Engineering team is looking to hire an experienced Controls Engineer. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience designing building controls systems for highly industrial/manufacturing environments and enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Develop I&C drawings, construction specifications, specify instruments and write control narratives for building automation systems such as HVAC, Compressed Air, Chemical Storage and Delivery etc.
- Design, configure and program PLC and SCADA systems.
- Plan and participate in the execution of start-up and commissioning activities.
- Review I&C equipment submittals.
- Participate in HAZOPS and risk and reliability assessments.
- Optimize control schemes to maximize energy efficiency.
- Develop and maintain programming and engineering standards.
- BS in Instrumentation and Controls Engineering or equivalent in exceptional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Controls Engineer.
- Hands-on experience with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of field installations.
- Strong PLC programming abilities with both Ladder Logic and Structured Text.
- Experience with HMI design and programming.
- Understanding of fundamental thermodynamics principles.
- Knowledge of various actuator technologies – motors, drives, solenoids, pneumatic valves, etc.
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as Profinet, Profibus, BACnet, Modbus.
- Strong communication skills, highly motivated with strong work ethic.
- Experience with Induction Automation Ignition and Siemens TIA Portal.
- Experience with model development and simulation of industrial processes in Aspen/Matlab/UML or Simulink.
- Knowledge of system theory including MIMO systems, linear and nonlinear stability, state space methods, full state feedback control, state estimation, adaptive control.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or similar design software.
- Prior involvement in the design or commissioning of large capital projects.
- Expertise selecting and configuring TCP/IP-based network switches and routers.