As a Construction Project Manager, you will be playing a critical role in building the world’s largest factory. You will work primarily in the field managing trades and subcontractors and will be asked to work cross-functionally, interfacing with base build, construction engineering, and manufacturing engineering while tracking a project’s schedule and budget.
- Understand construction and startup systems and sequences and review designs for constructability.
- Troubleshoot walk down, and resolve control system issues that arise from the field.
- Quickly respond to queries and resolve any technical barriers to completion.
- Work with procurement team to create biddable work packages and verify contractor bids against cost/schedule estimates.
- Develop communicate, and improve upon plans for logistics and other project plans.
- Interface with engineering team, construction team, contracts, and commissioning team.
- Learn the project control system devices, wiring, layout, and systems.
- Develop templates and standards for future phases/projects.
- Enforce and maintain high quality standards for engineering drawings and for field installations by contractors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls, or Chemical Engineering or evidence of exceptional ability.
- At least 5 years of experience designing, building, and starting up control systems for large industrial construction projects in Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Refining, Pharmaceuticals, Semiconductors or equivalent high tech facilities.
- Understanding of DCS, SIS, and PLC based control systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read, interpret, and manage changes to:
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Instrumentation Datasheets
- Installation methods/details
- Wiring & Loop Diagrams
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness to spend a high percentage of time in the field and to get hands dirty as needed to complete objectives or find the correct information.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.