Draft detailed construction drawings, engineering design drawings, and other CAD/BIM (Revit) or manually generated drawings used in planning and construction of projects by performing the following duties.
- Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other documents received from their supervisor.
- Plots maps, drawings, and charts showing the necessary elements of the construction documents for the construction of buildings, mechanical and electrical engineering facilities.
- Drafts detailed drawings of structures, buildings, and other facilities related to the building industry and normally accepted as elements contained in construction documents and other design documentation.
- To support the implementation of BIM practices and procedures as well as support the delivery of work
- Implement the project specific standards set by the CAD/Revit Manager and set-up the BIM Execution Plans
- Supporting and mentoring junior members of the team with technical expertise
- Assist with the training and development of both the BIM/CAD team and advise on Engineers training to improve the BIM design offering
- Create and maintain the BIM software Template files to ensure Standards
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow processes
- Lead BIM review/coordination meetings
- Prepare detailed working drawings, as required by the Project Manager, in accordance with the Project Quality Plan
- To produce Revit / CAD drawings to tight programmed timescales
- To ensure all drawing work is fully coordinated, avoiding any clashes, and accurately integrated within the architectural and structural design
- Liaise with other designers and consultants as required
- Drafting of erection drawings and individual piece drawings in AutoCAD and Revit
- Working as part of a project team to provide deliverables and meet deadlines
- Providing a high level of quality control that ensures deliverables are on-time and of a high quality
- Ability to coordinate with the various consultants involved in the documentation process.
- Ability to operate both CAD and BIM (Revit) programs as well as other graphic programs (Photoshop, SketchUp, etc.).
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- A valid state driver’s license – Preferred
- Forklift, Clamp-truck- Fork-Truck Certified – Preferred
- Degree – Preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – Required
- Computer proficiency: The candidate must have primary knowledge of:
- 5+ Years Autocad (current version)
- 5+ Years Revit (current version)
- SketchUp (current version)
- Photoshop (Design Suite) – (current version)
- Microsoft Orrice Suite – Word, Excel, Project
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience in managing a team would be advantageous
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure and strict deadlines
- Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole Organisational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent time and cost management skills in order to plan and achieve delivery to the desired quality to exceed customer expectations
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.