This role will act as a Talent Advisor providing recruitment counsel and guidance to the functional Hiring Teams and Managers regarding market employment trends, compensation, skills/attributes, target companies, recruitment strategies, interviewing/assessments, and sourcing tactics. This individual should be comfortable sourcing candidates on their own, using various methods and tools which include the company career. This position will be to source personnel across many industries and professions, primarily energy related industries.
- Design and execute a talent acquisition strategy aligned with the client group’s business and operational objectives.
- Develop strategies to target both active and passive candidates using a variety of tools and techniques including external market knowledge, third party job boards, networking sites, recruiting fairs, industry events, social networking etc
- Oversee the sourcing and selection process i.e. needs definition, creating job ads, sourcing and screening candidates for current and future opportunities, assessing and presenting qualified candidates to hiring leaders and facilitating the offer and delivery process.
- Act as a candidate relationship manager ensuring the company is represented in a manner consistent with the corporate values
- Implement innovative recruitment campaigns, identifying strategic sources for talent
- Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport
- Determine applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications
- Attract applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications
- Improve organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Train other team members on best practices, internal processes and provides guidance as needed Oversees other workers, such as apprentices and helpers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None Required
- Degree – Preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – Required
- Computer proficiency: The candidate must have primary knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite – Very Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Project, and Access
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alteration
- Experience in managing a team would be advantageous
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering, industrial construction and related industries/ experience
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure and strict deadlines
- Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole Organizational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent time and cost management skills in order to plan and achieve delivery to the desired quality to exceed customer expectations
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals
- Ability to understand and interpret system boundaries and scoping against P&IDs and other engineering drawings
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.