The position of Procurement Coordinator is responsible for executing the purchasing programs and procedures for the project by using business concepts and contract management. This role is expected to work closely with the senior leadership of the project as well as major suppliers to ensure program objectives are met and on schedule. You must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position procuring in the construction, engineering or energy industries.
- Researches and coordinates the purchasing needs, legal requirements, and product specifications with various departments;
- Interfaces with production management and technical staff to plan and prioritize purchasing activities;
- Prepares RFPs, including scope of work, bill of quantities, schedule, contract attachments, in coordination with other departments, verifying the accuracy of all the documents;
- Receives bids and purchase orders, prepares contracts, evaluates the data for accuracy, creates reports and analyses, and makes a final recommendation;
- Creates and reviews all jobsite sub and material contracts before given to legal and the project controls manager for final approval/execution;
- Negotiates with subs, vendors and suppliers to ensure the best price/value for the project;
- Purchases supplies, materials, equipment, and services in amounts exceeding the small purchase threshold;
- Performs responsibilities with regards to the approved procurement procedures;
- Issues RFQs and performs quote comparisons for materials/equipment when needed;
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate documentation and records and researches market conditions and new products; and
- Contributes to the consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- A valid state Plumber / Piping license – REQUIRED (Journeyman / Master)
- A valid state driver’s license – Preferred
- Forklift, Clamp-truck- Fork-Truck Certified – Preferred
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Business, or equivalent – Preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – Required
- Computer proficiency: The candidate must have primary knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Project, and Access
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alteration
- Knowledge of bidding or formal negotiation methods, such as invitations for bid (IFB) or requests for proposal (RFP)
- Knowledge of engineering principals and scheduling for the construction projects;
- Ability to perform material take offs, and ability to read and interpret construction drawings; and
- Organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
- Experience in managing a team would be advantageous
- Demonstrated Industrial Construction experience
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure and strict deadlines
- Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole Organizational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent time and cost management skills in order to plan and achieve delivery to the desired quality to exceed customer expectations
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals
- Ability to understand and interpret system boundaries and scoping against P&IDs and other engineering drawings
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.