You will be responsible for the coordination of the work permits on the project. General responsibility for work authorization/permitting and defining the permit conditions within a facility remains under the Facilities Owner. A Minimum 10 years’ experience of managing work permit systems in greenfield construction/commissioning/startup projects in Oil & Gas, Semiconductors, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Power Generation.
- Assure project compliance with Permit-To-Work system.
- Check work permits for administrative items, such as if all required signatures are in place, if PPHA is available for the job, if the permit validity period complies with FO’s defined time frame.
- Notify FO in case of a potential SIMOPS issues (e.g., work on the same equipment / area where other crews have open permits for).
- Review contractor work requests and ensure strict adherence to approval flow, timeframes, and other permitting requirements
- Ensures expired work permits are closed, cancelled or renewed as the case maybe
- Support contractors maintain compliance with the procedures and standards.
- Advise Monitor & Audit Permit-To-Work (PTW) activities.
- Operate permit system in areas simultaneous construction and commissioning activities
- Conduct site inspections, particularly high risk activities that should be checked daily for adherence to PTW requirements.
- Mentor, train and develop trainees as and when assigned.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment by following HES regulations and HES standards, policies and procedures.
- Set personal example to all employees regarding commitment and importance of PTW systems within the organization.
- Effectively integrate Permit-To-Work system into the project.
- Monitor and verify the effectiveness of the implementation and execution of the Permit-To-Work system.
- Ensure timely registration of permits to avoid delays in work.
- Perform administrative tasks as delegated by the FO
- Working as part of a project team to provide deliverables and meet deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- A valid state driver’s license – Preferred
- Forklift, Clamp-truck- Fork-Truck Certified – Preferred
- Degree – Preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – Required
- Computer proficiency: The candidate must have primary knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Project
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alteration
- Experience in managing a team would be advantageous
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure and strict deadlines
- Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole Organizational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent time and cost management skills in order to plan and achieve delivery to the desired quality to exceed customer expectations
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.