OCS is looking to hire a Mechanical Engineer with a specific focus on system quality and performance. This person will guide and direct multiple disciplines in best practices and how to produce robust and effective system designs.
- Automated Conveyance & Robotic part and packaging handling
- High velocity pick and place applications
- Cleaning (liquid, media blasting and other methods)
- Press & Thermal Fit assembly
- Fastening & Torque Application
- CNC machining
- Requirements for tight tolerancing on packaging for pick and place applications
- Direct OCS EPC team disciplines (mechanical, process, electrical, CSA) to effectively produce robust designs for key innovative systems and drive process improvements through quantitative analysis.
- Analyze operational performance of equipment designs and recommend key improvements for future factory phases.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators for factory equipment and systems
- Assist in developing and tracking design standards
- Act as point of contact for operations and external customer feedback loop by understanding design deficiencies and rectifying quickly
- Work with R&D teams to identify and push forward system improvements to better economies of scale, increase throughput, and reduce construction time of OCS systems and products.
- Accountable for design robustness and completion of reliability analysis (e.g. FMEA, HAZOP). Assist in alarm rationalization and root cause failure analysis.
- Degree requirements: BS Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering and/or evidence of exceptional experience; Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in high tech infrastructure (Power, Oil & Gas, Applied Materials / Semiconductor, or Mining) projects of large scale.
- Assertive and highly technical multi-discipline engineer with an eye for continuous improvement of complex and large scale systems
- Team player
- Ability to think on a system level (see “the bigger picture”) while also understanding the detailed engineering principles that drive designs
- Experience with FMEAs or HAZOPs required. Operations, Six Sigma, Kaizen, or PLM experience is helpful.
- Experience with process controls is recommended.
- Able to carry out root cause analysis for designs, field operation, and overall work processes