OCS Group is looking for a highly-motivated Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to contribute to manufacturing equipment and processes for our cutting-edge Energy Batteries. OCS Group is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of an incredibly exciting product. In addition to developing manufacturing equipment, the Manufacturing Engineer works with cross-functional teams to trial, validate, and roll-out equipment to production. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
Equipment Development and Implementation
- In-house development of manufacturing fixtures and electro-mechanical equipment to support early stage prototype builds.
- Design and realization of manufacturing fixtures and equipment for medium-volume and high-volume production.
- Characterization and validation of new equipment and fixtures for introduction to the production floor.
Process Development and Implementation
- Development of the manufacturing process to use the equipment.
- Layout of the production workstations for product flow, ergonomics, and efficiency.
- Specification of hand tools for assembly tasks.
- Implementation of product traceability and work-in-process tracking
- 2D & 3D CAD drafting – AutoCAD and SolidWorks preferred, Catia is a plus
- Fixture and jig design
- Precision automation systems design
- Experience with FEA and/or motion systems simulation is a plus
Electrical Controls System Hardware Design
- Electrical panel design
- Safety circuit design
- Electrical and pneumatic component selection
- Electrical and pneumatic schematic drafting – AutoCAD electrical preferred
Electrical Controls System Programming
- PLC (programmable logic controller) programming – RSLogix 5000 preferred
- HMI (human-machine interface) programming – Ignition preferred
- Robot programming – Fanuc preferred
- Machine vision programming – Cognex preferred
- PC software programming – Python, Visual Basic, and C++ preferred
- AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle) systems is a plus
- Statistical methods such as sensitivity analysis, process capability characterization, GRR (gauge repeatability and reproducibility), design of experiments, and sampling plans
- Manufacturing metrics and key performance indices
- Basic database interaction – MySQL preferred
- Statistical software tools – JMP or R preferred
- Process documentation, manuals, and specifications
- Transitioning products from prototype to production
- Discrete event simulation is a plus
- Author equipment specifications
- Develop and maintain detailed schedules
- Develop project budgets
- Manage competing demands and tight deadlines
- Command exemplary verbal, written, and pictorial communication skills
- Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
- Either a BS with 5+ years’ relevant experience or an MS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent