We are currently seeking a competent commercial HVAC and Refrigeration service tech. This job requires a self-motivated and experienced technician looking for a good career opportunity
- Capable to operate specially designed instruments and measuring devices required in HVAC and TABS inspections (such as: psychrometer, light meter, ammeter, electronic thermometer, alnor meter, and computerized 600 station HVAC monitoring system).
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Reviews and interprets work order forms, operating instructions, diagrams, building plans and mechanical equipment drawings.
- Maintains and repairs refrigeration compressors, coils, valves, condensers, cooling towers, pumps and other associated cooling equipment.
- Starts, operates, repairs and maintains various types of heating and air conditioning plants and associated equipment.
- Maintains and repairs air handling equipment.
- Installs repairs and calibrates various makes of pneumatic and/or electric controls required for the operation of equipment and the control of temperature and humidity.
- Experience in Mechanical Piping Systems and installation of piping system hangers, and seismic requirements.
- Maintains and repairs motor controllers and associated electrical equipment and control circuits.
- Uses general and special tools, test meters, and gauges commonly used in connection with air conditioning, air handling and heating plant maintenance.
- Repairs and maintains sump pumps and associated controls and other peripheral building equipment.
- Provide various assistance to the Commissioning team upon request.
- Assist personnel with oversight of construction contractor efforts/ progress with HVAC/TABS installation and any issues or delays occurring.
- Assist in enforcing documentation and workflow processes
- Working as part of a project team to provide deliverables and meet deadlines
- Providing a high level of quality control ensuring deliverables are on-time and of a high quality
- Ability to coordinate with the various consultants involved in the documentation process.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Universal Technician Certification as designated by EPA regulations-40 CFR Part 82 Subpart H.
- Refrigeration machinery operation license
- A valid state driver’s license – Preferred
- Forklift, Clamp-truck- Fork-Truck Certified – Preferred
- Degree – Preferred (Mechanical Engineering)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – Required
- Related Proficiency: The candidate must have;
- 5+ Years’ Experience in Designing HVAC Systems
- Familiar with HVAC/facility monitoring hardware and software
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alteration
- Possess knowledge of mechanical trades required to install and maintain HVAC especially electrical and plumbing system components.
- Have demonstrated the ability to interpret specifications/drawings and project requirements as outlined in technical manuals and in pertinent sections of the contract drawings/specifications.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of the requirements for installation, repair and alteration of electrical wiring and facilities (including high voltage systems) and the overhaul and major repair of HVAC/refrigeration equipment.
- Experience in managing a team would be advantageous
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure and strict deadlines
- Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole Organizational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.