The EPC team (Engineering, Construction, and Procurement) is looking for a Fire Protection Engineer. This person should be highly experienced in the development and creation of relative safety codes and permit documentation. The ideal candidate for this role will be familiar with creating and stamping design drawings for life safety systems.
- Develop & create complete set of code / life safety permit documents for various site projects
- Lead team members across multiple projects
- Develop & create fire protection reports for new production lines / materials / suppression / detection systems coming to the factory.
- Develop and summit AM&M (Alternate Means & Methods) to local AHJ to help with performance based design criteria to meet intent of code
- Code Planning / Life Safety design (Schematic design through commissioning)
- Develop process improvements / workflows / templates to increase design productivity and quality of deliverables.
- Mentor team members
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed Fire Protection Engineer
- Bachelors Fire Protection Engineering or in similar related field – Required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – Required
- Previous Experience:
- 0-5 Years’ Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alteration
- Revit Experience
- Program / Project Management Experience
- Construction Administration Experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage large teams
- Works well under pressure and can manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.