- Building custom automation equipment from mechanical/electrical drawings
- Wiring of low voltage and high voltage machine control cabinets
- Basic machining skills (mill, drill, saw, tap, etc.)
- Basic fabrication skills
- Ability to read blueprints and understand measuring requirements/methods
- Assembling aluminum extrusion structures
- Assembling pneumatic and hydraulic manufacturing equipment
- Installation of automation lines
- Rigging and move manufacturing equipment
- Engaging with Manufacturing Engineers to simplify or improve designs, then making them reality
The ideal candidate is recognized as a great collaborator and takes pride in his/her hands-on work, craftsmanship, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
- Comfortable reading mechanical drawings and assembling per drawings.
- Comfortable reading pneumatic drawings and assembling pneumatic cabinets per drawings.
- Comfortable promptly and clearly raising questions and problems verbally and via email to engineers during the assembly of equipment.
- Comfortable working in Warp system for purchase orders
- Comfortable maintaining stocked bins of commonly used components (e.g. terminal blocks, crimps, wire) by re-ordering as necessary from vendors such as McMaster, Digikey, and Mouser.
- Capability of working on your feet the entire work day when necessary.
- Experience driving forklift and rigging heavy equipment.
- AS or BS in a technical topic.
- 2+ years relevant experience.