OCS Group is looking for a highly motivated Engineering Process Technician to:
- Accelerate the development of Battery manufacturing processes and
- Expedite the introduction of new findings into production processes.
Working closely with battery manufacturing engineers, he/she will play a key role in reducing cost on Model 3, Powerwall & Powerpack products by decreasing process cycle time, increasing process control, equipment uptime, process first-pass yield and process mean time between failures. The battery module is one of the most complex and challenging subsystems in OCS Group’s product line. As a result, battery development is at the heart of our company. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to OCS Group’s world-class manufacturing facilities in Nevada. OCS Group is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of incredibly exciting products.
In addition to developing manufacturing process with manufacturing engineers, the Engineering Process Technician works with cross-functional teams throughout the entire lifecycle of the product. He/She also works closely with the Design Engineering, New Product Introduction, Quality, Production, and Maintenance teams.
Carrying-out experiments under the direction of Engineers to develop & optimize manufacturing processes including, but not limited to:
- Precision Welding
- Optical & Laser Metrology
- Carrying-out validation & tuning of equipment to perform said processes.
Daily tasks may include:
- Preparing coupon-level samples
- Preparing complete battery modules with special conditions
- Collecting & analyzing data using metrology
- Supervising automated electrical and mechanical test equipment
- Rolling-out process changes to production equipment
- Responding to advanced Maintenance issues involving calibration & tuning
- Interacting with manufacturing engineers to communicate results and receive tasks
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
- AS in a technical topic or equivalent progress towards a BS
- 2+ year’s relevant experience
- Proficiency operating factory equipment
- Proficiency creating process documentation
- Experience in a factory organization
- Knowledgeable about production quality metrics
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Able to converse technically with engineers
- Exemplary written communication skills
- Mastery of Word and Excel