Staff Electrical Design Test Engineer will lead full life cycle development of automated test equipment, for OCS 1 battery programs. The position is based in Reno/Tahoe, Nevada.
- Set the standard of technical and leadership excellence for the team. You will be capable of executing any level of test design to lead from the front.
- Develop innovative technologies for ultra-reliable testers, unit defect detection capabilities, and previously unimagined production rate scaling capabilities.
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits.
- Able to define most efficient plan for testing, focusing on test time reduction and appropriate complexity to promptly release testers.
- Design of electrical architecture, power processing equipment, and acquisition systems.
- Designing hardware, sourcing components, developing schematics, managing layout, and testing prototypes to validate hardware.
- Define test plans with hardware, mechanical, firmware, reliability, and safety design engineers from PCB, through module and fully assembled battery pack level.
- Manage test changes and system upgrades without impacting production.
- Train production and sustaining engineering to own test equipment.
- Team leadership, mentoring growing engineering team.
- BSEE, MSEE, or PhD EE.
- 7+ years of experience designing best in class electrical products and test automation systems.
- Ability to lead projects and architect the overall system, working with mechanical, manufacturing, reliability, and software design teams.
- Exceptional expertise in battery systems.
- Deep understanding of electrical, sampling, and noise theory.
- Solid experience with NI LabVIEW, Digital and Analog interfaces for high performance data acquisition and machine control.
- Proficiency with design and process integration, and electromechanical / mechatronic systems.
- Experience in deploying test machines in a large scale manufacturing environment, and ability to come up with rapid methods for scaling and duplication of test equipment.
- Significant simulation experience with SPICE and MATLAB.
- Experience in leading schematic entry and PCB layout using Altium. Strong depth in design for EMC, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Experience creating technical specifications for automated manufacturing equipment.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for overall team success.