We are currently seeking an experienced Construction Administrator with experience in design, operation and construction of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, technology and DDC control systems. Candidates will have worked directly with architects, project owners, and/or construction manager representatives in a similar role. Primarily the role will have you working directly with incoming contractors to make sure that they have the appropriate compliance documents in place and train them to use the specific site compliance software. You will be tracking SB1 related items and ensure contractors are timely and accurate in submitting their records.
- Conduct visits to project job sites to observe the work in progress and generate observation reports denoting deficiencies and corrective action to be taken. Reports generated include:
- Underground installation punch lists
- Progress site visit observations reports
- In-wall punch lists
- Above ceiling punch lists
- Final punch lists
- Participate in pre-construction meetings (kick-off and pre-installation) with General Contractors and subcontractors, establishing protocols for the Construction Administration process throughout construction. Protocols to be covered:
- Submittal and shop drawings (compliance statements)
- Requests for site visits
- As-built drawings management
- Review submittals and shop drawing for compliance to the contract documents.
- Knowledge of CSI specifications format, with specific expertise in divisions 21, 22, 23, 26, 27 and 28 is desirable.
- Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control review of documents.
- Provide direction for field generation questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Providing a high level of quality control ensuring deliverables are on-time and of a high quality
- Ability to coordinate with the various consultants involved in the documentation process.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- AAS in Building Construction Technology, HVAC/Plumbing Technology, Architectural Technology, or Construction Management
- A valid state driver’s license – Preferred
- Forklift, Clamp-truck- Fork-Truck Certified – Preferred
- Degree – Preferred (Engineering / Architecture)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – Required
- Related Proficiency: The candidate must have;
- 5+ Years’ Experience Construction Administrating (Contract)
- Software: Required: MS Office, Adobe Acrobat/Blue Beam
- Software: Preferred: AutoCAD and Revit
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alteration
- Possess knowledge of mechanical trades
- Experience in managing a team would be advantageous
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure and strict deadlines
- Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole Organizational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.