The primary responsibility will be to work with and support the Systems design team. This position will be to full fill a space to help oversee the design of cutting-edge large scale equipment and utility systems in support of highly innovating manufacturing processes.
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where innovative and high quality work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job. He/She is an excellent cross-team communicator, with a knack for understanding, process, mechanical, and electrical systems as well as controls.
- Develop process flow diagrams, piping & instrumentation drawings (P&IDs) and 3D instrumentation, pipe, and duct designs.
- Participate in in-field design validation
- Develop bill of materials for associated instruments, and associated assemblies
- Develop as-built drawings
- BIM coordination with construction trades
- Coordinate work with other process, mechanical, electrical and support disciplines
- Mentor team members
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Associates of higher in an engineering-related field or evidence of exceptional experience
- Bachelors or Diploma in Civil, Structural Engineering or Significant experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – Required
- Previous Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 Years of hands-on experience designing instrumentation & controls for industrial processes and high-tech infrastructure and operational facilities (semiconductor, solar, battery, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alteration
- Ability to model to fabrication (LOD 400) level detail for instrumentation and controls
- Ability to develop parametric family content within a Revit environment
- In depth knowledge of the ISA 5.1 standard
- Adapt to fast pace environment and change in design requirements.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interface with multiple engineering disciplines.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, NEC, and industrial codes.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD (recent releases), Revit MEP, Navisworks and Bluebeam.
- Proficiency with the Autodesk Dynamo
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Desire to achieve the impossible with a positive and professional “never say die” attitude.
- Ability to communicate clearly and interface at an executive level.
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (Level, temperature and pressure transducers, current and power meters, etc) is a plus
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.