The primary responsibility will be to work with and support the Systems design team. This position will be to full fill a space to help oversee the design of cutting-edge large scale equipment and utility systems in support of highly innovating manufacturing processes.
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where innovative and high quality work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job. He/She is an excellent cross-team communicator, with a knack for understanding, process, mechanical, and electrical systems as well as controls.
- Provides support to project delivery teams by managing the resolution of BIM related issues and tasks.
- Liaison with clients wider BIM initiatives. This could include interfacing with various Facilities Management and construction trade’s programs. Integrate them into program.
- Provide, direction and support to project designers and contractors for integration of the programs BIM policy. Work with manufacturing, design, and trade contractor to coordinate BIM issues with projects.
- Work with design teams to refine the models and BIM deliverable.
- Work with Owners and management to enhance reporting through the use of BIM.
- Work with Owners and Consultants and Contractors to further define BIM scope and deliverables. • Work with team members to develop their IT and software requirements, interoperability, etc.
- Facilitate model handover from Designer to Trades, and Designer and Trades to Facilities.
- Evaluation of Proposals about BIM.
- Work with project teams to integrate submittals, manufacturers data and as-built information into the BIM model to enhance the models facilities Management capabilities.
- Work with project teams to extract quantities of material and production are quantifiable from the model.
- Work with project teams to integrate BIM into the RFI process to more clearly communicate information.
- Monitor and guide the model advancement and utilization process through construction. Review the contractors’ BIM model and as-built model.
- Assist with integrating BIM into the commissioning process.
- Work with Owners Facility Managers to develop BIM utilization strategies and programs for operations and maintenance.
- Mentor team members
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Associates of higher in an engineering-related field or evidence of exceptional experience
- Master’s Degree – Preferred
- Bachelors or Diploma in Civil, Structural Engineering – Required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – Required
- Previous Experience:
- Minimum 3 Years of hands-on experience designing instrumentation & controls for industrial processes and high-tech infrastructure and operational facilities (semiconductor, solar, battery, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alteration
- Knowledge of computer systems and their applications. Interface with Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Expert knowledge of applicable codes and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of standard BIM practices, techniques, and procedures.
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required. Preferred Qualifications
- Masters Degree in architecture, construction management, or a related field is preferable.
- Member of technical society preferred.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.